- Bloglines: My preferred reader at the moment. I like Bloglines because I can organize my feeds by creating folders. In a Windows-driven world, organizing like items into folders is second-nature. All of my library-related feeds are in the (wait for it...) Library folder. I also have folders for Book reviews, NCAA, Science, Technology, and, well... you get the idea. Another feature I like about Bloglines is the split screen. All my folders/feeds appear on the left side panel and the new posts appear in a right-side panel. Also, there are four tabs on the screen which allow you to effortlessly view, clip, blog, or create a playlist. And, as if that wasn't enough, you have the option of saving posts with the ease of a click and they will remain in your reader until you no longer need them.
- Google Reader: My least favorite. This was the first reader I had, but probably the one on which I have spent the least amount of time. Although, looking at it again (for the first time in maybe 6 months?) it looks as though they have come a long way in making improvements. I venture it could give Bloglines a run for its money. The interface is similar to Bloglines, and you are able to star your posts (a feature that is the same as saving them). Perhaps I should play around more with Google Reader. One major benefit of Google Reader (and iGoogle) is that you already have a Google account!
- iGoogle: One of my favorite things about Google. iGoogle allows you to create your own Google search page. You can choose a theme, (mine is some Eastern-inspired scene by a pond), then you can add pages accessible by tabs. Each page can then have multiple RSS feeds. The use of the tabbed pages in iGoogle is more similar to using tabs in the newest version of Internet Explorer (blah) or Mozilla Firefox (yippee). Again, my tabs correspond to the folders I have for Bloglines.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Bloglines v. Google Reader v. iGoogle
I have used and still use all three (well, two I refer to more frequently than the third). Real quick, here's a breakdown of all three.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment