Friday, April 4, 2008

How to add hyperlinks to your posts

My last post has a comment asking how to embed links within posts. I'm going to try to
explain, but if my explanation isn't clear, please grab me to find out what the heck I'm talking about.

When you are composing your posts there is a menu bar with buttons and a drop-down menu for font styles. The sixth button from the left (I'm including the font drop-down box) is a weird looking icon that is supposed to represent a world with two links in a chain superimposed above it. (It is next to the left-justify button.) This icon, or hyperlink button, is an easy way to create links. Here are the steps I recommend for linking text:
  1. Highlight the text in your post that you want to be the link.
  2. Click the hyperlink button (sixth from left).
  3. Type or paste the url of the item you want to link to.
  4. Hit OK
  5. The link should appear when you either Preview your post or when you Post it.
Good luck!

No comments: