You might be a librarian if:
You compulsively reshelve items and straighten shelves when browsing at Barnes and Noble (yep)
You alphabetize your spice rack (and everything else) (yep)
You own more cardigans than shoes (not me)
You own cats named "Ernest, "Kerouac," or "Flannery" (what about dogs named Dickens and Byron and a cat named Dylan, as in Thomas?)
You have a secret desire to be a bookcart drill team (not me, but sounds intriguing)
You know the Dewey Decimal System by heart (well no, but getting very familiar with LC call numbers)
Nancy Pearl is your idol and you own her action figure (perhaps not my idol, but yes, I own the action figure)
You go on vacation and visit other libraries (yep)
You don't have a Netflix account and borrow all of your music and movies from the library instead (if the RPL had good movies, I'd borrow them)
Your home library has just as many books as a small public library (nope)
You were totally blogging and social networking before 2003 (totally)
You read banned books (absolutely!)
You can kick everyone's butt at Scrabble (hardly?!)


1 comment:
I'm totally not a librarian, but many of those statments apply to me.
As for pets what about Fitzgerald (as in F. Scott). Although his sisters name is Zoe, but that was a conscious decision so I wouldn't be labelled one of those crazy book nerds whose pets are all named after favorite authors.
I don't know the dewey decimal, nor do I own the Nancy Pearl action figure... I own the Ben Franklin action figure (made by the same company).
I do complusively reshelve books at books stores, particularly because I know how both major book companies organize their shelving - particularly Borders. I have worked for both B&N and Borders. I was a sales associate at B&N, but I was ISO (a stockboy) at Borders, so my job was to organize and stock shelves.
Now I have to go blog about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I know it has nothing to do with 23 Things, but I must!
Post a Comment